The Hamburg Game Association was founded in 1925. The first meeting was organized and held at the Washington Hotel in Hamburg on January 13, 1925. By October 13, 1925 they had a membership of 109 members. With no property established yet they changed their meeting place to the local Firehouse on April 13, 1926. The meetings remained there until 1928 at which time they were moved to the Hamburg Town Hall. The sportsman purchased their first Western trap and placed it on the William Beck farm on February 11,1930. The ground was purchased from William Beck for $600.00 on February 4, 1931. An old office building belonging to a construction company on the former Hamburg Sanitarium grounds was bought for $65.00 and moved onto the Associations newly acquired property.
Starting on March 10, 1931, meetings were held in the club house that was built on the Associations grounds. An addition was made to the two-story building on May 9, 1932. The first bar was installed in the quarters basement on January 9, 1934. The following members comprised a committee which was established on this property on September 12, 1932 to prepare a charter and by-laws for incorporation. The members were; Daniel Dinkle, P.F. Hess, P.J. Glessner, Paul Tobias, and H.V.B. Saul. The Hamburg Game was incorporated in March of 1934. Due to prohibition, the club did not receive a beer and liquor license until January 1936. The Association was not officially incorporated until 1938. In 1948 part of the building was torn away to build an expansion at which time the barroom was moved upstairs. The club had many activities that joined the sportsmen together. They had annual bull shoots, trap shooting, at which time the club entered in to The Amateur Trap shoot league. When the pond was build in 1955, the club raised their own trout for fishing and their annual fishing rodeo. They raised pheasants as well on the property which is now the home of Hamburg Game's pavilion.